Professionals on the Saint Louis Crisis Nursery Family Empowerment Team provide crisis intervention to families at high risk for child abuse and neglect.
Our Family Empowerment Professionals provide in-home counseling and advocacy to families in crisis. Our outcomes indicate that families graduating from our program have improved self-esteem and more effective parenting skills as a result of our therapeutic interventions, strength-based parent coaching and goal setting. We are proud of our ability to help the family regain safety and stability and prevent child abuse and neglect while keeping the family intact whenever possible.
Family Empowerment Professionals also facilitate both parenting and children’s groups as well as provide community outreach and support to various community agencies, organizations, and neighborhoods.
Qualifications for the position include:
- Master’s degree in social work or counseling, license preferred.
- Minimum of three years paid experience working with children and families in a social service setting.
- Minimum 1 year Home Visiting Experience
- Community Outreach experience preferred
Benefits of Full Time Staff Include:
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance and up to 24 days Paid Time Off per year
- Schedule: M – F days, some flexible scheduling available.
- Office: Just down from the Fox Theater
TO APPLY: Visit our website at www.crisisnurserykids.org and click on the careers tab for an application and where to return the application.
The Saint Louis Crisis Nursery is committed to diversity, and is an equal opportunity employer. Employment at the Crisis Nursery is based upon individual merit and qualifications. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy status, gender, age, marital status, disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, or any other characteristics protected by law or ethics. We will also make all reasonable accommodations to meet our obligations under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and state disability laws.