EDUCATION: High School Diploma or GED
EXPERIENCE: Must have at least one year of verified paid child care work.
SHIFTS: Varied: 7a.m.-3p.m. / 3p.m.-11p.m. / 11 p.m. – 7 a.m. includes some weekends.
- Provide primary care for the physical needs of the children: feeding, toileting, dressing and washing
- Provide for the emotional and social needs of the children
- Develop and lead children’s play group activities; keeping the children positively engaged in developmentally appropriate activities
- Write descriptive and comprehensive progress notes, phone call logs, activities
- Pass medication administration course, and pass medications accurately
- Attend 40 hours of paid training each year to refresh/enhance skills
- Assist with developmental/ therapeutic assessments
- Assist with intakes and discharges
- Answer the 24-hour crisis helpline
- Communicate effectively with coworkers, children and families
- Share in housekeeping and laundry duties
- Attend paid trainings and staff meetings that may be required outside the typical schedule